The iDAT Blog of Mark

Welcome to my blog, set up to allow me to get ideas down onto the internet. and allow others to see what I'm all about, DAT wise, plus it helps me remember what I cant keep in my head.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dat 101

Personal Development Plan


Goal
  1. Academic: improve my team working skills by involving myself more within a discussion or presentation.
  2. Academic: have a basic understanding of the key areas of the computing modules, particularly Dat102, and in particular, improve my knowledge of coding languages, such as HTML and JavaScript,so that i can produce better projects, and so that i can work more efficiently.
  3. Academic: Contribute more to my blog and keep it up to date by blogging new developments in my modules when they happen so that i have as much information as possible.
  4. Career: Have a job that i can use all of my skills in, not just academic skills, but personal and social skills also, and if possible, have a career involved in stage/production lighting.

Action
  1. Take part more within lessons and lectures, ask questions instead of guessing something, work with and help others to overcome problems, socialize outside of lessons.
  2. use reading material to extend my knowledge, ask questions about things i am unsure about or want to know about, keep attending lectures, work outside of university by studying and going over lesson notes and lecture presentations again, also regularly attempt extra exercises, such as building websites, so that i gain experience.
  3. take more notes in class, blog at the end of different sessions so that i don't have to do it at a later date, add any information to the blog no matter how small, and keep the content interesting by updating on previous parts of the blog
  4. Focus on the course as much as possible, so i can achieve higher grades, and also understand more from the course, but as well as focusing on the course, also make sure that i perhaps get a job before going on to my ideal career that is in a similar area, then advance to a full career within that area of work.

Evidence of Achievement
  1. i will be able to work well with groups of people, and be able to take the initiative straight away even if i do not know the people i am working with, and also listen to other peoples ideas as well a putting my own forward, and be able to present these ideas well in a concise manner
  2. when i am able to create a website fully with my own knowledge and not have to check anything on the internet, and not have to refer to previous exercises for help with making a page, and pretty much be able to do it all myself quickly and well.
  3. my blog looks professional and informative, with several updates which are posted often.
  4. I will be in a Sector of work that i enjoy and will be working to the best of my ability producing good work

No comments:

Post a Comment