The iDAT Blog of Mark

Welcome to my blog, set up to allow me to get ideas down onto the internet. and allow others to see what I'm all about, DAT wise, plus it helps me remember what I cant keep in my head.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Online Presence

My online presence has undergone a huge transformation over the course of this module, going from a tacky black style with very little relevant information, to the current stage, with a stylish red white and black motif applied to all of my websites with short and concise information relevant to the course and the subject in question.

Transition from old to new






















As can be seen in these images, the new website is a lot less over powering and dark, and instead is simple and light, with more relevant information.
while my website is still mainly a fairly simple and informal style, I think it still maintains a professional look, and is a nice easy to navigate site, whereas the original site was slow to work and was generally unprofessional looking, due to the cartoon style buttons and bad quality banner.

Banner and logo Development












































These images show the growth of my banner and online logo throughout the course of this module, starting with the original banners, going onto my Yo-yo logo with a blue background, then white background, then changing logos to the red hooded top, with text, and finally, getting rid of the text completely and making the hooded top the only element in the banner.
I chose to get rid of the first design for the same reason for getting rid of the rest of the site, because it looked awful and didn't give a professional vibe, and I didn't like it enough to make it a logo for my "brand"
the yoyo was the first real logo, which I chose because of my obsession for Yo-yo. Had this logo been a little bit stronger in terms of design, it may have stayed as a logo for much longer, however, I didn't take enough time over it as I should have done, and so when I thought of the new logo, I was happy to get rid of the Yo-yo in place of the hooded top, which I chose due to the fact that I often wear one, and I feel it is a good logo for a student.

I like the logo so much that it also became my twitter background and my YouTube background, which gave my online presence a good house style which stayed consistent throughout all of the websites I use.

What next?

Now the the module is drawing to a close, I feel I have created a good online presence for myself, and I feel that it is something which can last me a long time, and while I will no doubt improve my website further, even within the coming weeks and months, I still feel like my brand and presence for the moment are perfect for me and the message I want to give.
The next step for me will most likely be to perhaps go back over the assignments of this year, and improve them, so that they can go onto my website portfolio and show my skills to anybody who sees them, and then keep improving things as my skill improves with different programs, to show how I am advancing throughout the course, and to improve my presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment